Join an award winning NDIS, DHHS and Out of Home Care approved service provider and join one of the largest and most caring growth sectors in Australia!
Note: Roles at CareChoice require you to have a full COVID-19 vaccination. Please refer to the job ad for confirmation.
At CareChoice, we have been supporting people with a disability since 2007. Specialising in 24-hour disability programs for individuals with multiple and complex needs as well as Out of Home Care, we are proud to be a trusted and registered service provider with the NDIA, TAC, DHHS, DFFH and Worksafe.
We provide excellent support workers to support NDIS participants to achieve their goals and participate in life to their fullest capacity. More than just a support worker, our employees are the lifeblood of the work we do. Everyday, they help ensure our clients with disabilities experience exceptional days.
Supports you may be asked to provide:
A day in the life as a Disability Support Worker may see you supporting our clients with
- 24-hour complex supports
- Supported Independent living
- Community access and transport
- Domestic and Personal care
- Building on individual strengths and enabling clients to reach their goals
Due to complexity of some of our 24-hour programs, we also provide nursing services to clients in the comfort of their homes.
Our Out of Home Care clients are vulnerable children and youth who are no longer able to live with their families. Their stay with CareChoice can be short or more long term. Out of Home Care clients have often experienced significant trauma, so staff working with these clients are required to have additional training and qualifications.
Benefits & culture
As a CareChoice employee, benefits you’ll be able to take advantage of include:
- A number of employee wellness platforms including EAP and Care4U, free flu shots and travel discounts.
- Discounts with major retailers including:
- Car and Health Insurance
- Groceries and food
- Gas, Electricity, Internet, and Mobile Phones
- Pet supplies
- Movie tickets
- Other major retailers such as Catch, Myer, Kmart, Big W, JB Hi Fi plus many more.
- Monthly Recognition & Reward for Employee of the Month
- Service Recognition Program
- Free Ongoing training and development
- Career development opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO)
CareChoice is proud to be an EEO employer. We support an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Where we work
We support clients in their homes and in a range of residential, accommodation, community, day service and outreach program settings. Our services are delivered throughout greater Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat and key regions in Victoria.
Qualifications and experience
Ideally, you will have:
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent OR minimum 12 months experience
- NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention or equivalent (if wanting to work with children in Out-of-home-care)
- Employee Working with Children Check
- Valid Driver’s License with access to a 3rd party insured vehicle (if wanting to provide transport services)
- Nursing degree & AHPRA Registration
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or reference letter from current institution
Now it’s your opportunity to join us in making a difference and start a rewarding career with CareChoice.