Victoria declares a state of disaster
There are now tougher Stage 4 restrictions throughout metropolitan Melbourne as of Sunday 2 August. The Stage 3 Stay at Home restrictions effective across Mitchell Shire will be extended to Regional Victoria and Geelong from 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August.
All Victorians must wear a face mask outside of their home. It is also mandatory that all disability support workers wear single-use surgical face masks when delivering disability support to clients.
The following reasons for leaving home are permitted:
|Stage 4 metropolitan Melbourne ||Stage 3 locations |
- Exercise for one hour a day within 5 km of your home (you can be accompanied by another person, but you must physically distance and wear face masks)
- You can only travel up to 5km from your home
- Only one person per household can leave home to get necessary goods and services and only once a day
- Childcare centres will be closed with only vulnerable children and the children of â€˜permitted workersâ€™ able to attend.
- to shop for food and essential goods or services
- to provide care, for compassionate reasons or to seek medical treatment
- to exercise or for outdoor recreation with your household, or one other person
- for work or study, if you canâ€™t do it from home.
- A person can leave their home in an emergency, to visit an intimate partner or if there is family violence.
- School and tertiary education will take place remotely but special schools in regional Victoria will remain open.
MoreÂ detailed informationÂ here.